Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Aphrodite Challenge

Working on myself has become a priority in this meditation process. Without going into details, I got into a fight with my own mother this weekend and felt that I held my own, and calmly stated my reasons for being upset. I don't stand up for myself very often and this has become a huge problem in my life and is something I feel has to be addressed. I felt good that I was able to keep calm and assert my feelings but I felt awful that it upset my mother who has always taken advantage of my weakness in the past.
Moving past this and recognizing that meditation has been working, I am beginning a new project overlapping this challenge. I'm calling it my Aphrodite Challenge and it will last approximately 7 months or 7 full moons. It is based on the book, Aphrodite's Magic by Jane Meredith. It is essentially a spell in seven parts that is designed to heal self esteem and sexuality making the caster feel good and sexy about themselves and embracing the sexual goddess in each of them. I will be working with another friend who is also going through the book.
I'm really looking forward to this and today I plan to set up my alter to Aphrodite. I also hope to continue to work on my own issues through this process.

1 comment:

Jade said...

Woo! I'm excited to get started. I was thinking it would be interesting to try out skype video calling to maybe cast the circle together and make it seem more like we're actually together in the same place, rather than doing it in sync but separately.