Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The First Cord Prep...

Tonight is the full moon. Well, actually, it was this morning. Whatever the case, I will be performing the ritual for the first cord of my Aphrodite girdle at 4pm today. I'm really looking forward to it as I had a pretty self loathing day yesterday and I'm hoping this will make me feel better about myself today.

To begin, I will make a dedication to Aphrodite and say what I plan to achieve:

I dedicate this work and all the thoughts I may have in written form, to the Goddess Aphrodite and all the other Goddesses of love and self acceptance. I offer up my fears, anxieties, and doubts to be replaced by love, sensuality and acceptance. I pray to find self love, love for others and a renewed feeling of pleasure, eroticism, and sensuality in my life and in the lives of those whom I would share these gifts.

So far in my journey and exploration of Aphrodite, I have found that She is often in places I took for granted. I have felt her presence most strongly on the beach, probably because that is a focus spot for me in my meditations. But, I've also found her here in my apartment when I get the sudden urge to spin and dance, in the bath while I sit and luxuriate, my bedroom during sexy sexy times or even just sleeping feeling the comfort and warmth of my sheets and pillows. I have seen her grace more and more these past few weeks. To couple with this experience I have also begun reading a series of "paranormal romances" by author Laurell K. Hamilton. They have definitely kept sensuality at the forefront of my thoughts.

No comments: